Sunday, June 1, 2008

Food and Wedding Cake...MMM MMM MMM

Hello all!!!!

Today was a tiring day. I did some babysitting, now call me crazy but if your wealthy and you have a damn good babysitter you should pay her accordingly.

Well now that I am done ranting a bit lets get on to some fun wedding stuff

So I am having major trouble because I need to set a location. Problem is everywhere I look its oh you must use this catering service or that one. Don't get me wrong I bet one from the list is great but the service is beyond expensive. Also I browsed most have set wedding menus.

Which are.....BORING!!!!!


My thought why should I have to pay for boring, so-so tasting expensive food???

I know what I want

My thoughts???

Stations.....Bar......Station.....Bar

Drinks



Ok well we have a drink station with special made drinks to offer besides the norm, drinks with names like LesboLove and MyspaceLuck.....drinks with names that are geared to us =)

Also for appetizers we will have everything mini



mini burgers
mini wings
mini pizzas
mini cheese/crackers
mini fruit salads
plus more

For the meals...I don't want it served, let people get what they would like



So we have:
Salad bar
Pasta bar
Sandwich/Cold cut Station
Kabob bar
Veggie/Fruit Station

Then we have a dessert/candy station



I have a major sweet tooth so I want to have the old candy jars with some penny candy and little bags so people can take them home
A place with cookies, cupcakes, ect with little boxes for people to take home

And the wedding cake is the center of it all, something unique but not disgusting odd tasting on the inside with an amazing WOW factor on the outside

Here are a few that we have looked at, bear in mind the colors will be pink, black, white maybe silver and it will be a topsy turvy cake.....:









So what do you think???
Anyone I believe can comment if not then sign up
=)



-------
Eryn, Laurie & Rocket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your ideas on the food which is a first for me since every wedding i've been to has always been catered......and the cakes are sooo adorable.....would hate to cut them up but i especially love the third one...its really cute!!

---dora