Tuesday, September 2, 2008

kids...the hot topic..

ok so kids its a topic lets face it....that comes up...

laurie is the middle child in her family and the only one without kids
I am the oldest grandchild and I keep getting asked when...

truth is its costly! hell we might as well see if we can register with a sperm bank...i said i would have the kids but they may hard, ovaries are a bit messed thanks to endometrosis and my past with anorexia...but I want to...

mexican sperm donors are also hard to come by...

it sucks because insurance companies dont really help..you have to have been trying for a year her insurance told me...well how can i try if i have no sperm...you want me to drop a good 30g first...well no ma'm you....and i just hung up...

i know laurie wants kids asap...but money wise we can't...and i would like a house first...

i also want two or three one I would like to adopt...

I have wanted to adopt a child with down syndrome for a long time now, why well its long and complicated but because I know we could provide a home that would allow the child to develop and be the best s/he could be. So i looked at sites, thing is most are international and guess what no lesbian adoptions sorry....

I mean i could adopt separate but i will not risk getting attached and 5 years later having our child taken away...plus I want laurie to be a part of everything...

Grrr...

ok sorry just wanted to rant, time to pick the girl up from work anyways...
classes and my internship start in a week...and yes im very nervous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine had great success with a turkey baster (twice). She and her partner worked out a legal agreement with the "donor," another close friend who agreed he would be a peripheral part of the kids' lives, but never make any custody claim.